Lately I’ve been trying to do the low-carb thing. I’m wanting to ditch a few pounds before summer and low-carb diets are just what my body responds to. But that certainly doesn’t stop the cravings from coming. My most intense craving recently: PIZZA. That’s why I decided to give cauliflower crust pizza a try. This is a simple recipe I came up with to satisfy my craving while still sticking to my low-carb plan. The crust is surprisingly delicious. I won’t lie to you and say it tastes exactly like the real thing, but it’s a good healthy alternative.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ⅔ cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- Any toppings you might want
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop cauliflower and blend in food processor until it has about the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Place cauliflower in a towel and squeeze out any extra liquid.
- Combine all ingredients (besides toppings) and mix until smooth. Place the dough on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add toppings.
- Broil for 5 minutes.