I will never make a whole chicken another way! Cooking a whole chicken in the air frier is easy and comes out delicious. The skin is crispy and the meat is juicy perfection. Cooking your whole chicken in the air frier requires minimal prep and just takes an hour to cook. For an extra flavor boost, you can add sliced lemons, onions, or herbs like thyme or rosemary inside the cavity of the chicken before cooking. You can also experiment with different spice rubs or marinades to personalize the flavor profile of your roasted chicken. To ensure food safety, always use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C). Remember that cooking times may vary depending on the size and model of your air fryer, so it’s essential to monitor the chicken throughout the cooking process.
Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- 3-4 pound whole chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Empty the cavity of the chicken and dab the skin dry with a paper towel.
- Rub olive oil on the skin and sprinkle with the seasonings.
- Place the chicken in the air frier breast-side down and cook for 30 min at 350 degrees.
- Flip the chicken over and then cook for another 25-30 minutes. Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Let the chicken rest on the counter 10 minutes before serving.