Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti is a dish the whole family will love and is such a comfort meal. It is warm, creamy, cheesy, and is super simple to make. I love just whipping this up on a busy weeknight. I often pair it with a bag of frozen broccoli or peas and then bam – a delicious homecooked meal for the fam.
I’ve been gluten-free for a decade and altered my original recipe by using gluten-free soups and pasta. I typically get my gluten-free cream of mushroom and gluten-free cream of chicken from Walmart. My favorite gluten-free pasta is the Barilla gluten-free spaghetti.
You can use milk instead of water if you would like in this recipe. I try to cut back on lactose where I can, so I use water, and it is still full of creamy flavor.
You can use chopped rotissary chicken or make some shredded chicken ahead of time in the Crockpot or Instant Pot. I sometimes like to meal-prep shredded chicken by making a big batch in advance and then freezing it in individual bags.
You can make this as a freezer meal by freezing it before the baking step.
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti (Gluten-Free)
- 2 to 3 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (GF if needed)
- 1 can cream if mushroom soup (GF if needed)
- 1/2 cup water (or milk)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 16oz spaghetti package (GF if needed)
- Cook spaghetti according to instructions.
- Mix soups, 1 cup of cheese, and spices in a large bowl. Mix in chicken. Then mix in cooked spaghetti.
- Pour the mixture in a greased casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.