Ground turkey stuffed peppers are a fantastic way to enjoy a healthy and flavorful meal. With their versatility, customization options, and the benefits of using lean ground turkey, this dish has become a favorite among health-conscious individuals.
Ground turkey stuffed peppers offer a balanced and nutritious meal. They provide lean protein from the ground turkey, complex carbohydrates from the rice, and an array of vitamins and minerals from the peppers and other vegetables. The cheese adds some extra calcium and taste, but you are welcome to scale back on the cheese if you are looking for a lower-calorie dish.
One of the great things about ground turkey stuffed peppers is their versatility. You can easily customize the recipe to suit your preferences and dietary needs. For added flavor, experiment with spices like cumin, chili powder, or smoked paprika. If you enjoy some heat, add diced jalapenos or crushed red pepper flakes. You can also incorporate additional vegetables such as corn, black beans, or spinach to amp up the nutritional value. The options are endless, allowing you to create a personalized version that satisfies your taste buds.
Cheesy Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- 1 cup white or brown rice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups Italian blend cheese
- 3 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 bell peppers
- chopped fresh parsley for serving
- Prepare the rice according to instuctions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onion, garlic, and tomato paste in a large skillet until onion becomes soft.
- Add in ground turkey and spices and cook until the turkey is browned.
- Add in cooked rice and 1 cup of cheese and mix.
- Remove the tops and insides of your peppers.
- Fill the peppers with the ground turkey mixture and top with cheese. Place the peppers in a baking dish
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve.