If you’re a fan of classic Philly cheesesteaks but are looking for a healthier and more convenient way to enjoy those mouthwatering flavors, look no further than the Chicken Philly Skillet! This dish takes all the goodness of a traditional Philly cheesesteak and transforms it into a one-pan wonder that’s quick, easy, and bursting with flavor.
Philly Chicken Skillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 8 oz chopped mushrooms
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 8 oz bag shredded Italian cheese blend
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop your onion and bell peppers. Put olive oil in your skillet and saute all veggies until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chop your chicken. Move veggies out of skillet and set aside. Put olive oil in the skillet and saute your chicken. Season with Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add your veggies back into the skillet and add half your bag of Italian cheese. Mix all ingredients.
- Top with remaining cheese and cover your skillet until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately by iteself, over rice, or on a sandwhich.
The Chicken Philly Skillet is a delightful twist on the classic Philly cheesesteak. It’s not only a breeze to prepare but also a fantastic option for a quick weeknight dinner or a delicious game-day treat. With its savory chicken, flavorful vegetables, and gooey Italian cheese, this skillet dish captures all the flavors you love in a traditional Philly cheesesteak. So, gather your ingredients and give this recipe a try to savor the taste of Philadelphia right in your own kitchen. Enjoy!