Pasta is always a hit in our family and this Gluten-Free Cottage Cheese Alfredo is a big winner. Both my picky toddlers will eat two plates of it!
I love this alfredo recipe because it is healthier and has higher protein than traditional alfredo dishes, but it is just as flavorful. I honestly think this recipe is much better than any canned alfredo sauce you can buy.
It is super easy to make too. You just combine your cottage cheese, shredded parmesan, pasta water, cornstarch, minced garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender and then blend until smooth. You can use milk instead of pasta water if you would like. You can also use fresh garlic instead of canned minced garlic if you would like.
The sauce is then moved to a saucepan. It will thicken as it simmers. You can add your seasonings according to your preference. I think dried basil, parsley, and oregano go in great.
Add in your cooked gluten-free noodles, and bam! You have restaurant-quality healthy Gluten-Free Cottage Cheese Alfredo. Barilla gluten-free fettucini noodles are my favorite to use in this recipe.
Cottage Cheese Alfredo (Gluten-Free!)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesean
- 1 cup pasta water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsely
- 1 tsp dried oregeno
- 1 package fettuccine noodles gluten-free if needed
- Begin cooking your pasta of choice according to instructins.
- Combine the cottage cheese, parmesean, pasta water, cornstarch, minced garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Move your alfredo to a sauce pan and simmer on low to medium heat. Add in your dried basil, parsley, and oregeno. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. The sauce will thicken as it simmers.
- Toss in your pasta and serve!