When it comes to comfort food, few dishes can rival the timeless appeal of chicken and dumplings. This classic dish is known for its tender chicken, flavorful broth, and fluffy dumplings that satisfy both the taste buds and the soul. If you’re following a gluten-free diet, you might think that you have to give up on enjoying this comfort food favorite. Here is an easy and delicious recipe for gluten-free crockpot chicken and dumplings that will have you savoring every bite without any worries.
I use Bob’s Red Mill Biscuit & Baking Mix in this recipe, and it works like a charm. I haven’t tried any other gluten-free biscuit mixes, but I think most would probably work ok.
I use gluten-free cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups. Make sure to get the gluten-free kind as most cream soups are not already gluten-free. I usually buy my gluten-free cream soups at Walmart.
- You can add chopped veggies in while you cook your chicken if you would like veggies.
- If you would like to make this as a freezer meal, I would go ahead and cook it to completion before freezing it, as I don’t think the dumplings would freeze well uncooked.
Crockpot Gluten-Free Chicken and Dumplings
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 can gluten-free cream of mushroom
- 1 can gluten-free cream of chicken
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp herbed polutry mix
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups gluten-free biscuit mix dough (I reccomend Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Biscuit & Baking Mix)
- Add your chicken, soups, spices, spices, and broth to your crockpot. Cook 2-3 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low.
- Shred your chicken and return it to your crockpot.
- Make two cups of biscuit mix according to instructions.
- Roll your biscuit dough up into little balls and put them in your crockpot. Cook on high an additional 30 minutes.