I literally searched “early pregnancy symptoms” in Google every day for a week during the month I was trying to conceive. You can really drive yourself crazy in that two-week wait after you ovulated but before you can test wondering if every little thing is a possible pregnancy symptom.
But there is no stopping most of us from obsessing because it is such a huge, life-altering thing! Your world is either forever changed because you are growing a tiny human inside of you, or you have to wait a whole nother month to try again.
Here is a list of common early pregnancy symptoms that came up often in my extensive two-week wait research:
- tender breasts
- changes to the nipples
- smell sensitivities
- food aversions
- elevated basal temperature
- frequent need to urinate
In the month I conceived, I wrote down anything I was feeling that was even slightly out of the ordinary. I tracked my symptoms by day past ovulation or DPO. Here they are:
- 3 DPO – weird and vivid dreams
- 4 DPO – tummy ache throughout the day, congestion without any other cold symptoms
- 5 DPO – congested
- 6 DPO – slight nausea the entire day, congestion
- 7 DPO – felt hot, nausea, congestion
- 8 DPO – slightly dizzy, nausea, congestion
- 9 DPO – slight cramping, nausea, congestion, positive pregnancy test!
- 10 DPO – slight cramping, nausea, congestion
- 11 DPO – slight cramping, nausea, congestion
- 12 DPO – slight cramping, nausea, congestion
- 13 DPO – tired, slight cramping, nausea, metal taste in mouth
- 14 DPO – tired, slight cramping, nausea, expected period did not come
All of my symptoms were pretty mild but still noticeable. I found out I was pregnant very early with a First Response test, so actually knew that I was pregnant before my missed period.
I hope this helps you on your TTC journeys! I talked about my early pregnancy symptoms on my YouTube channel here: