Are you craving a hearty and flavorful Mexican-inspired dish that’s easy to make? Look no further than the mouthwatering chicken enchilada casserole! Combining the comforting flavors of traditional enchiladas with the convenience of a casserole, this dish is sure to become a family favorite. This recipe is naturally gluten-free, and it’s been a staple in our home for years.
This casserole makes a great freezer meal. I like to always make two casseroles at once: one to eat that day and one to freeze. I have directions for heating from frozen in the recipe as well.
Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 can corn (drained)
- 1 28 oz can enchilada sauce
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- corn tortillas
- Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Add a layer of corn tortillas, a thin layer of enchilada sauce, black beans, corn, chicken, and then cheese. Top with another layer of corn tortillas and then repeat.
- On the top tortillas, add another layer of enchilada sauce and then top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. (From frozen: cover and bake for 45 minutes, uncover and bake another 20 minutes)