It has quickly become a family favorite. I like to mix in fresh spinach, but that is optional. I also like to use reduced fat ricotta, but that is also optional. The lemon in it is not overpowering but does add a nice hint of flavor. I’ve always loved lemon-flavored things! The lemon also makes it an excellent year-round dish. It can be refreshing in the summer or comforting in the cold winter months. One tip: don’t skip the salt. This recipe really needs a tad of salt to be as delicious as it’s meant to be.
- 1 Box Spaghetti (I use gluten-free)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 15 oz Ricotta
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Fresh Spinach
- Boil pasta as instructed.
- Zest lemon.
- Combine lemon zest, juice from the lemon, garlic, ricotta, grated parmesan, and sea salt. Stir until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup of pasta water and stir until smooth.
- Add spinach and stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Add in the pasta and stir until it is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately. It will thicken up as it sits out.