It has quickly become a family favorite. I like to mix in fresh spinach, but that is optional. I also like to use reduced-fat ricotta, but that is also optional. The lemon in it is not overpowering but does add a nice hint of flavor. I’ve always loved lemon-flavored things! I recommend juicing your lemon with a lemon squeezer. It makes things so much for efficient than trying to squeeze it with your hands.
The lemon also makes it an excellent year-round dish. It can be refreshing in the summer or comforting in the cold winter months. One tip: don’t skip the salt. This recipe really needs a tad of salt to be as delicious as it’s meant to be.
Easy Lemon Ricotta Pasta
- 16 oz box spaghetti I use gluten-free.
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Boil pasta as instructed.
- Zest lemon.
- Combine lemon zest, juice from the lemon, garlic, ricotta, grated parmesan, and sea salt. Stir until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup of pasta water and stir until smooth.
- Add spinach and stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Add in the pasta and stir until it is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately. It will thicken up as it sits out.