This tater tot breakfast casserole has quickly become a favorite in my family. I made it three weekends in a row! The best part is, it doesn’t take long to make, and it only uses a few ingredients. I like making it with breakfast turkey sausage, but you can use any breakfast sausage. Or you can just make it without sausage and do cooked veggies if you’d like a vegetarian option. I also like using tater tot rounds, but you can of course use any tater tots.
You can add salt and pepper to your beaten eggs if you want, but I didn’t. There was enough flavor in the other ingredients, and who needs the extra sodium?
This recipe easily makes enough for 6 people, but if you are having a brunch, you could certainly double the recipe. It is also freezer-friendly if you would like to do some meal prep.
- 1 lb cooked turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 9 eggs beaten
- 1/2 32 oz bag of frozen tater tots
- In a greased casserole dish, add your breakfast sausage and top with cheese.
- Pour the beaten eggs on top.
- Put a row of tater tots on top.
- Cook for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.