It has really been feeling like fall recently! I have my sweaters all out of storage and my boots are now back in use. Fall also always has me wanting something warm and comforting for dinner. I made white chicken chili this weekend when some family was over and it was a hit! Here’s the recipe.
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (or one whole pulled rotisserie chicken)
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1 large jalapeno pepper diced
- 8 ounces canned mild green chiles, don’t drain
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely minced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Additional cilantro, tortilla strips, avocado, shredded cheese, and sour cream can be used for garnishing.
- Combine all ingredients in a dutch oven, or other large pot. Boil for about 10 minutes.
- Let the chili cook on low for an additional 30 minutes or longer. It just keeps getting better.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish according to taste.
This chili keeps great, so you could always double the recipe and freeze some for later! That’s what I did. 😉