I decided to hunker down and do a major meal prep for my week, and I’m so glad that I did! It was incredibly nice to have fresh, homemade meals ready to go and not have to worry about what would be for dinner. It did take some planning. I picked out what I wanted to make, made a large grocery run, and then strategically planned to spend an entire naptime cooking. Here are the recipes for the meals that I made. I was able to make all of this in just over an hour!
- 9-12 eggs
- 1½ cups cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a blender combine eggs, cottage cheese, and sea salt.
- Pour the egg mixture into a cupcake tin.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 bag steamed broccoli
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine soup, water, rice, and broccoli in a bowl, and then spread into a greased casserole dish.
- Toss your chicken in the salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Lay chicken on top of the rice mixture.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 can corn (drained)
- Corn tortillas
- 28oz can of enchilada sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Add a layer of corn tortillas, a thin layer of enchilada sauce, black beans, corn, chicken, and then cheese. Top with another layer of corn tortillas and then repeat.
- On the top tortillas, add another layer of enchilada sauce and then top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. (From frozen: cover and bake for 40 minutes, uncover and bake another 5-10 minutes)
- 1lb ground turkey
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup cooked onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix, and then add to a greased casserole dish.
- Top with ketchup.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour 15 min. (from frozen: bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour 45 min )
- 1lb ground beef or turkey
- 2 jars of spaghetti sauce
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1tsp sea salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1tbsp parsley
- 12 lasagna noodles
- Brown your meat and combine it with sauce.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan, egg, sea salt, pepper, garlic, and parsley.
- Put a layer of sauce on the bottom of a greased casserole dish, add uncooked noodles, cheese mix, sauce, and then another set of noodles. Repeat.
- On the top layer of noodles, add sauce and the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes. Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving. (From frozen: Bake covered for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes, and then let it stand 10 minutes.)
Watch my full meal prep session on YouTube!