This Muffin Tin Turkey Meatloaf is such a fun and easy weeknight meal. The small bite-sized meatloafs make the meal a fun twist on traditional meatloaf, and it is a lighter option because it uses turkey instead of beef.
I love barbeque sauce and feel free to use your favorite barbeque sauce for this dish, whether it be sweet or tangy. You can also use ketchup instead of barbeque sauce to top the meatloaf before baking.
I have found that mincing up the onion in a blender or food processor makes the meatloaf consistency much better than just using small cuts of onion. I usually just use my nutribullet to mince it.
I always make my meatloaf with quick oats instead of breadcrumbs to make it gluten-free. The oats soften nicely and make the meal delicious.
I typically like to serve this dish with mashed potatoes and some sort of vegetable.
Muffin Tin Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 minced onion (finely minced in a blender or food processor)
- 3/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together your ground turkey, oats, minced garlic, minced onion, salt, pepper and half a cup of barbeque sauce.
- Spray your muffin tin well and evenly distribute your meatloaf inside.
- Top meat with the remaining barbeque sauce.
- Bake for 40 minutes.