If you’re craving a delicious and hassle-free meal that practically cooks itself, look no further. My Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole is not only a time-saving solution but a flavor-packed fiesta for your taste buds. With just a handful of ingredients and a slow cooker, you can create a mouthwatering meal that will have everyone asking for seconds.
- Prepare the Crockpot:
Place the chicken breast in your crockpot and cover it with the entire can of enchilada sauce.
- Slow Cook the Chicken:
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours until the chicken is tender and easily shredable.
- Shred the Chicken:
Once cooked, take the chicken out and use two forks to shred it.
- Return Chicken to Crockpot:
Return the shredded chicken to the crockpot.
- Add Beans, Corn, and Cheese:
Add the drained black beans, drained corn, and 1 cup of shredded Mexican cheese to the crockpot.
- Prepare the Tortillas:
Cut the soft corn tortillas into quarters and add them to the crockpot as well.
- Mix and Flatten:
Mix all the ingredients in the crockpot thoroughly, then flatten the top.
- Top with Cheese and Cook:
Sprinkle the remaining cup of shredded Mexican cheese on top.
Cook on low for an additional 1 hour or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve and Enjoy:
Scoop out generous servings onto plates and savor the delightful flavors of your slow-cooked enchilada casserole. It goes great with some sour cream.
Slow Cooker Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1-2 lb chicken breast
- 28 oz can red enchilada sauce can also use green
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 can corn drained
- 10 soft corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Put the chicken breast in your crockpot and cover with all the enchilada sauce. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- Take the chicken out and shred it with two forks.
- Return the chicken to the crockpot and add the drained black beans, drained corn, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Cut the soft corn tortillas in quarters and add them to the crockpot as well.
- Mix all ingredients and then flatten the top. Top with the remaining cheese. Cook on low 1 hour.
With minimal effort and maximum flavor, this Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole is a game-changer for busy cooks. Share the joy of an effortlessly delicious meal with friends and family, and let the slow cooker do the heavy lifting while you enjoy the compliments that come with serving this sensational dish. Print out this recipe and add it to your collection of go-to favorites!