Both my picky toddlers absolutely love this broccoli pasta! It is so easy to make, and they end up with multiple servings of veggies in their meal. Broccoli contains tons of vitamins and minerals, and then they also get their protein aspect from the cheese and carb needs from the pasta.
I generally make the dish using a fresh head of broccoli but you can use a steamer bag. I use full-fat cream cheese but you can switch it out for a lighter version.
Me and my husband actually really like this too! It makes a great side dish for us and a meal for the kiddos.
Picky Toddler Broccoli Pasta
- fresh head of broccoli
- 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesean
- 16 oz box of penne (I use gluten-free)
- Cook your pasta according to the instructions. Save 1 cup of pasta water.
- Boil your broccoli for 3-5 minutes. It should be soft.
- In a blender, combine the cooked broccoli, cream cheese, garlic salt, and 1 cup of pasta water. You can blend in your parmesan now or top your pasta with it later.
- Mix your broccoli cheese mixture in with your noodles and top with your parmesan.